Don't get me wrong, I love a good spicy rigatoni from Carbone! My stomach, not so much.. so I set out on a mission to recreate this beloved pasta dish for a more gut friendly vegan and gluten-free version. I promise you won't taste the difference! Mouthwatering and delicious without all of the additives.
Ingredients (serves 2):
-2 1/2 cups GF rigatoni pasta (I used this one)
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 small yellow onion cut into thin strips
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- 4 tbsp oat milk
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp pepper flakes
- Optional: cheese
1. Sauté thinly sliced onions and garlic with olive oil.
2. Add in tomato paste and fully mix it in with the garlic and onion.
3. Add in the coconut cream and oat milk and mix until creamy.
4. Cook down the sauce until it thickens.
5. Mix in pasta water and marry together the pasta and sauce.
6. Add in some vegan or regular cheese if you'd like... et voilà! Serve & enjoy.